Saturday 9 May 2009

London Calling...




I decided I needed a change of scene so on Wednesday I went to London to see some exhibitions and hopefully get inspired. Thank God it actually worked and I ended up having a lovely time - The Tate Modern and Design Museum inter-spliced with some very tasty food and really nice weather (despite it throwing it down when we left Manchester).

The Rodchenko and Poplova exhibition at the Tate Modern was great - really energetic work including lots of collagey type stuff that I'm really liking at the moment, I seemed to like the more rough looking cut and paste poster prototypes more than the sleek final versions. It also made me realise that often the most simple things are the best, yo don't have to go overcomplicating designs and overthinking them (like I seem to do with everything...). 


No comments: