Tuesday 12 May 2009

OK, SO I AM OFFICIALLY A VIDEO CONVERT

This made me laugh, and also a tad creeped out. It's by a French director due called Pleix. There seems to be something about French design that always appeals to me - maybe because it doesn't take itself too seriously, which is often where I find myself going wrong. I always try to please other people with my work, instead of creating something that just makes me smile when I look at it. Jonathan Barnbrook said a couple of things that really resonated with me:

1) you attract the type of work you create. 
2) put yourself into your work. It should be a visual reflection of your personality. 

After thinking about this a fair bit over the last couple of weeks I am starting to really worry. Spending so much time trying to do the 'right' work has left me in a position where I don't even know what I like anymore - the work that appeals to me doesn't resemble the work I create, and surely this isn't a good thing? Maybe I am just worrying too much (again) but I guess time will tell!


No comments: